Karma Yoga is how daily operations happen at our Solstice Sadhana Event. You sign up for Karma Yoga when you register. Your seva is deeply appreciated by all.
Karma Yoga Opportunities Include:
Audio Visual: Aid in monitoring the sound equipment for classes and programs.
Manager: Mahan Kalpa Singh [email protected]
Divine Souls Foot Soaking Station: Summer in New Mexico is hard on our feet so we need many hands to refresh the water tubs, give people pumice stones, oils and creams for their feet and help set them up so they can work on reviving their feet.
Manager: Ram Das Kaur [email protected]
Electrolyte/Hydration Team: Altitude and a dry climate are conditions that make for very thirsty beings so help quench their thirst and keep them happy, healthy, holy and hydrated.
Family Registration: Here we sign up kids for camp, provide information about the schedule of activities, and make sure parents know where to go and how to find out more information. All of our children's programs are run as cooperative efforts between parents and our lead guides. The Children's Registration Team supports this by connecting parents with Karma Yoga opportunities for the Children's Program.
Manager: Parampal Kaur [email protected]
First Aid: Keep the first aid building tidy and clean so that medical professionals can assist those in need.
Manager: Sat Siri Singh [email protected]
Green Team: Manage landfill bin removal as well as recycling and composting efforts.
Manager: Harijot Singh [email protected]
Grounds: Helps with facility upkeep and maintenance. Includes straightening up and maintaining showers, doing maintenance work such as replacing light bulbs, fixing leaky taps, securing classroom tents in wind and rain situations, and helping to move tables and stages when needed.
- Bean sprouting: maintain quality of bean sprouts and assist kitchen manager with bean sprout process.
Manager: Jagat Singh
- Bean and Rice Brigade: Tend the beans and rice to perfect completion. Sort and rinse rice, then follow the recipe to add veggies and spices. Cook carrots and beets.
Manager: Johanna Cederstam [email protected]
- Breakfast Soup Sevadars: Start to heat up the soups each morning at 5 am.
Manager: Siri Atma Kaur [email protected]
- Clean Up and Dishwashing: Keep the kitchen as clean as possible all the time. Make a schedule to work throughout the day.
Manager:Deg Simrit Singh [email protected]
- Dinner Prep and Soup Starters: Come to the kitchen 1½ hours before dinner is served and transfer the food from pots to buckets and wash enough pots to get the soup started early. Cook the soup until the veggies are soft, then turn the soups off for what is left of a good night’s sleep. This may take place during the last exercise on White Tantric Yoga® days.
Manager: Karan Nam Singh [email protected]
- Golden Milk and Yogi Tea: Prep and serve Yogi Tea daily and Golden Milk during the three White Tantric Yoga® days.
- Greeters and Meal Distribution- Greet visitors to the kitchen and help direct inquiries.
Manager: Sangat Nam Kaur [email protected]
- Lunch Team: On non-Tantric days, make our delicious lunch. Work on the langar and special meals and help out in any other area on Tantric days.
Manager: Siri Gurunam Kaur [email protected]
- Salad Team: Help prepare the dinner salad
Manager: Avtar Singh [email protected]
- Solstice Youth Camp Food: Help prepare food for our youngest attendees.
Manager: Darshan Singh
- Veggie Chopping: Washing and chopping the veggies that fuel our nutritious camp diet.
Manager: Seva Simran Singh [email protected]
KYSS: Help to educate people about their Karma Yoga participation during registration, and round up the camp for their Karma Yoga meetings each morning.
Manager: Guruatma Kaur [email protected]
Luggage: Help welcome new arrivals to the Summer Solstice camp, unload their luggage, pick a tenting spot, and take their luggage in the shuttle to each camping site.
Managers: Amrita Kaur [email protected]
Meal Serving: Serve breakfast, lunch or dinner daily.
Manager: Mohinder Singh [email protected]
Outdoor Dishwashing: We keep the outdoor dish washing stations for personal dishes clean, warm, and sudsy.
Manager: Sant Saroop Kaur [email protected]
Peace Prayer Day Team (PPD): The Peace Prayer Day team has the honor of decorating the altars for the Spiral Healing Walk and gracefully serving water to participants during the walking meditation. There will be many other fun opportunities for seva as well, and Karma Yogis will help other teams out in the camp after Peace Prayer Day.
Programming: Assist with teacher and class venue needs.
Manager: Daya Prakash Kaur [email protected]
Registration: Assist attendees as they arrive and get registered for camp
Manager: Ram Das Singh [email protected]
Security: Various security duties, including monitoring the safety and policies of the camp.
Sikh Dharma International Academy: The Sikh Dharma International Academy Karma Yoga group assists with the daily activities at the SDI-A tent. Your duties will include handing out and collecting information sheets or shabad sheets and the serving of Solstice dinner on non-Tantric nights. The tent will need to be swept and tidied at the end of each day before the evening program and in the early morning. On non-Tantric days the evening program will include a "Dinner Class" from 5:30-6:30 and then the Evening Kirtan program will be from 7:00-8:00. On Tantric days only the Evening Kirtan program will happen. Help with set up and break down also needed.
Solstice Youth Co-op: If you are a parent or guardian, your Karma Yoga will be to serve one Tantric day and 1/2 of a Non-Tantric Day in the area your child is participating in during the six days of SYC.
- Baby Camp (0-2)
- Toddler Camp (3 & 4)
- Children’s Camp (5-7)
- Youth Camp (8-11)
- Teen Camp (12-17)
Manager: Meghan Machado
Tantric Burgers: Preparing special vegetarian burgers in the early morning for lunches on the three White Tantric Yoga® days.
Manager: Simran Sangheeta [email protected]
Tent Set-up: Assist people who need help in setting up their tents.
Manager: Sat Atma Kaur [email protected]
Translation: Assist with translation in Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese or other languages.
Manager: Randeep Singh [email protected]
Watermelon: Cut and serve watermelon for participants.
Manager: Meher Kaur [email protected]