Youth Camp Schedules
Please note that SYC runs from Friday, June 19th - Thursday, June 25th.
For the little ones...
For parents with nursing infants to walking, there is an air-conditioned tent (Sukh Nivas) which provides a nurturing environment for parents and their small babies.
* A parent must accompany their child at all times when in the Sukh Nivas Baby Tent. This area is for pregnant women and nursing mothers with children 2 years of age or under. This is not a drop-off program; there is no SYC program for children in this age group.
Youth Camp Schedule: Ages 3-4
For parents with children 3-4 years old, there is a cooperative program to help with you and your preschooler’s needs while at Solstice. A tent with toys, food, a small pool, a manager, and service exchanges will be available during the week. This operates as a full-day drop-off program so that you can have some time to attend a class, White Tantric Yoga, or just to relax!
On days that are not scheduled camp days, you are welcome to make use of the preschooler tent. Please be conscientious in caring for the communal space.
* Children must be potty-trained to be in the preschool program. Typical camp day activities include: yoga, music and mantra, crafts, pool, games, stories, and nap time!
- Friday, 19th June 10:00a.m. until 12:30p.m. (Morning Camp only)
- Saturday, 20th June 10:00a.m. until 12:30p.m. (Morning Camp only)
- Sunday, 21st June 10:00a.m. until 3:15p.m.
- Monday, 22nd June 10:00a.m. until 3:15pm
- Tuesday, 23rd June 7:45a.m. until 5:00p.m. (White Tantric Yoga)
- Wednesday, 24th June 7:45a.m. until 5;00p.m. (White Tantric Yoga)
- Thursday, 25th June 7:45a.m. until 5:00p.m. (White Tantric Yoga)
Youth Camp Schedule: Ages 5-11
Typical camp activities include: yoga and meditation, bhangra, gatka, mantra and music, sports, crafts, swimming, with two days offsite.
The camp is split up into 3 age groups: 5-7 yrs, 8-9 yrs, 10-11 yrs.
- Friday 19th June 10am until 12:30p.m. (Morning Camp only)
- Saturday 20th June 10:00am until 12:30p.m. (Morning Camp only)
- Sunday 21st June 10:00am until 3:15p.m.
- Monday 22nd June 10:00am until 3:15pm (10-11 yr olds 9:00a.m. until 4:30p.m.)
- Tuesday 23rd June 7:45a.m. until End of Tantric (White Tantric Yoga)
- Wednesday 24th June 7:45a.m. until End of Tantric (White Tantric Yoga)
- Thursday 25th June 7:45a.m. until End of Tantric (White Tantric Yoga)
Teen Camp Schedule: Ages 12-17
Typical camp activities include: outdoor activities such as white water rafting, swimming, and paintball; a half-day of White Tantric Yoga; and opportunities to do Seva (selfless service). The teen camp runs from Sunday, June 21st to Thursday, June 25th.
What to Bring
The solstice environment requires that each child has the following with them everyday:
- A Backpack
- Water bottle
- Hat or visor
- Swimsuit, towel & goggles
- Sturdy closed-toed shoes; no sandals at Ram Das Puri
- For rafting trips (ages 9-11 & 12-17): in addition to the above, please bring (1) shorts and synthetic t-shirt, (2) soft-soled shoes or very secure sports sandals AND (3) a change of clothing including shoes for afterwards.
Baby, Toddler & Pre-school (infant to 4)
- Change of clothes
- Diapers (SYCC does not provide diapers)
* Please put your child’s name and your cell phone number on everything. Please remember to label everything with your child's name.
The cost for most activities is included in the registration fee. Additional money for dinners and other activities will be required by some teen programs. Camp will include the following activities appropriate to each age group: music, arts, crafts, nature studies, ropes fun, martial arts, a trip to a lake, bowling, white water rafting, archery, golf instruction, and daily swimming.