3HO Foundation is dedicated to making it possible for those with limited financial means or special circumstances to participate in Solstice Sadhana Celebrations. Through the Financial Aid program, Solstice Sadhana Celebration tuition is available to qualified applicants for the reduced rate of $400.
Eligibility is primarily determined by two factors: financial need as set forth in U.S. Federal Guidelines, and inability to participate as a Service Exchange Team member ($300 rate). For info on the Service Exchange Program Click Here.
- Single parents with children under 2 years and other special circumstances such as physical or mental health issues or handicaps may qualify for financial aid.
- Children are not included in financial aid for parents and will need to be registered for the rate appropriate to their age.
- Married couples must each submit an application. Even though one person of the couple may be eligible, the other may not.
- If you receive financial aid, you are not eligible to receive it again for two years.
- Please note: This application determines eligibility only and does not guarantee Financial Aid. The high demand and limited funds available for Financial Aid force us to adhere to these guidelines. If you exceed these income guidelines, please do not apply for Financial Aid.*
|Household Size||To be eligible for a scholarship your maximum household income cannot exceed|
Financial Aid Determination: If you meet the income eligibility criteria, your application will be further evaluated based on personal need and/or motivation to participate. The Financial Aid award is a 50%** subsidy of the total cost (tuition, camping, meals, materials, etc.) of attending a Solstice Sadhana Celebration. The aid does not include children or partners. Children will pay at the regular reduced rate and a partner must also fill out an application.
- Financial Aid is awarded per event.
- Applicants are eligible for a Financial Aid award for one Solstice Sadhana Celebration every two years. For example, if you receive Financial Aid in for the 2013 Winter Solstice, you may not apply again until 2015 Winter Solstice.
Preference is given to individuals who have not previously received Financial Aid. Please complete the application below and submit a brief personal essay. Financial aid is evaluated and awarded in the order received. Funding is limited so apply early and be sure to allow six weeks for processing. Only one Financial Aid award per applicant will be awarded in any calendar year.
*IMPORTANT* Submitting an application for Financial Aid does not register you for the event. When your Financial Aid has been awarded, we notify you by email by November 10 and send you a registration code. Once you have received your email, you will have until November 17 to register on-line. If you do not register by this date your aide will be given to an individual on our waiting list. Thank you for your interest in attending. Your request is important to us and will be carefully considered. You will be notified through email of the status of your application. We ask that you do not call until after November 10. Thank you for your patience. In Service, Team 3HO Foundation [email protected] Important Dates:
|October 17||Applications due; applications after this date will be put on a wait list.|
|November 10||Notification of financial aid decision by email. Recipients will receive a code to use at on-line registration.|
|November 17||Recipients confirm acceptance of Financial Aid by registering on-line. If you do not confirm your acceptance of financial aid by November 17, we will assume you no longer wish to use the financial aid and will offer the assistance to someone on our waiting list. For waitlist recipients, if you do not register by November 30th, we will assume you no longer wish to use the financial aid and you will be taken off the list.|
Apply for Financial Aid - Closes October 17th
For more information, please contact [email protected] *Financial Aid is offered at the sole discretion of 3HO Foundation. There are a limited number of Financial Aid awards available. Please be aware we may request additional documents to support your statement of financial eligibility. **Based on early registration rates